Death and Grieving in The Navajo Tradition

Subscribe to Navajo Traditional Teachings.

I have a kind of recurring waking nightmare where I think that people I knew have died and nobody has the courage to tell me this, or worse, they expect me to somehow know about it and reincarnate them! It started when my mother asked me in an e-mail whether I had heard that my ex-wife's father had died. Well, how on earth did she expect me to know? Did she not know that I had not had any meaningful communication from anyone who would know that he had died? That was in late 2014. This nightmare then grew, so that I still find myself wondering whether maybe I am dead. I still don't have good enough contact with anyone to provide me with convincing evidence that this is not in fact the case. So now you hopefully know what purgatory might be like! Have a nice day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

David Turner Obituary by Sarah Nicholas Fri 24 Nov 2023

Live Science - Leonardo da Vinci's Ancestry