Lee Camp on The Presidential Race

He's doing a live Zoom comedy show on Wednesday at 1 PM Eastern Standard Time (6 PM British Summer Time)

Subscribe to Lee Camp.

See also the Alzheimer's Society Checklist for dementia symptoms.

Today I talked to an employee of Real Fundraising wearing a bright orange jacket sporting the Alzheimer's Society logo. They were asking for help researching Alzheimer's. I checked, and the help they need is money, of course, otherwise he wouldn't be standing on the corner of Market Hill in Cambridge, would he? See Ethnobotanical Toxicology.

I get it, really, I do. I totally get the whole money thing. I mean, money is how we decide what's worth doing and what isn't. Money is how we decide who gets to live where too. And it turns out to also be how we decide who gets to marry who, and who gets to have children with who and where they go for their education and what sort of education they get when they're there and all sorts of other things.

I suppose I just got confused because I spent too long in a country where most people only have access to a tiny proportion of the amount of money that many people here in London and Cambridge have access to. That in itself wasn't the problem though. The problem was that the country where these people live is one of the wealthiest in the whole world in terms of natural resources, yet all they seemed to be able to do with that wealth was to trade it for money. So I got the idea that it is education that is the most important thing, and that restricting good education to just the people who have access to lots of money is not a good way to manage natural resources. See What is Water Worth On the Free Market?Navajo Advice for Future Generations and MBARI - Glass Squid and Deep Sea Mining.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

David Turner Obituary by Sarah Nicholas Fri 24 Nov 2023

Live Science - Leonardo da Vinci's Ancestry