Thou Art Here in Stratford

I fetched the ball,...  See London Grammar in Victoria Park on Sunday:

I got there quite early because didn't know for sure when they'd be playing. The problem with that was my phone charge ran low and so I couldn't record much. 

The people that lived here used to be poor, but they sold their houses and went somewhere else, I suppose, ... some probably ended up in Sheffield. 

Hannah did a thing she never thought she would. I couldn't see much but the sound was great from the fountain. It was a perfect setlist, including Kind of Man (where she pretended she'd forgotten the lyrics), Strong, Night Call, My House, Hell to The Liars, Young Years. There was only one song I didn't know and I've forgotten it! And then she did a speech and they sang Fakest Bitch: 

Before the fireworks started I set off to Stratford Station on foot,... and stopped to say hello to John Lennon (London Grammar): 

... which might've been a mistake, because I missed the last train. So I went to Liverpool Street and got a train as far as Bishop's Stortford,... The taxi fare after midnight to do the last 27 miles to Cambridge is £110 so, ... with 5% charge left in my phone: 

But when I got to the M11 junction near Stansted I decided to try my luck hitch-hiking at 1 AM, and about an hour later a really kind Polish guy called Sebastian dropped me off at the end of my road! So it was fine in the end. Thanks Sebastian! He's moving to Cambridge in a few weeks so maybe well run into each other again. 

I uploaded most of this to their web site too, except for the review of the Memorial Fountain,...  

This post is dedicated to Ellen Simpson. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Could One Unify CMU and MIT

Tensor Fields and Simplicial Complexes

HTML in Blog Posts