Polylog on Oblivious Transfer and Zero Knowledge Protocols
My comment:
That was a really clear explanation, thank you. Can you talk sometime about how it is that these protocols are not used for basic data protection? I mean why is age verification such a big deal? Can't a zero knowledge protocol be used to verify someone's age without divulging their full identity? I know there is probably a different motive behind the age verification thing, but why does nobody talk about alternative solutions that don't involve personal identity data?
I think it has much wider application though.
For example, say I want to order and pay for something and have it delivered to me without divulging my identity or the delivery address or my bank details. One would think that it would be possible for my bank to give me some proof that I have commited to pay a certain amount to some entity, a sort of single use cheque, which I could then commit to using to pay the supplier, who then commits to send the goods via a chain of carriers who each similary commit to collecting and delivering the parcel. The supplier could then validate the cheque with their bank, again without knowing my name or account number or even the name of my bank. This is the sort of thing that drug traffickers can do, so why can't the rest of us use it to prevent big businesses ripping us off? See their blog post related to the following video: https://vasekrozhon.wordpress.com/2025/03/17/zero-knowledge-proofs/ and also my post Ways to Do Telecommunications.
The reason they're so good is they beta test their videos on their Patreon sponsors!
Subscribe to Polylog.
Subscribe to Polylog2.
Comments
Post a Comment