Anton Petrov on Sargassum and Rachel Philips on the Great Oxidation Event
See An extreme North Atlantic Oscillation event drove the pelagic Sargassum tipping point by Julien Jouanno, Sarah Berthet, Frank Muller-Karger, Olivier Aumont and Julio Sheinbaum and also Productivity, growth, and biogeochemistry of pelagic Sargassum in a changing world by Brian E. Lapointe, Deanna F. Webber and Rachel A. Brewton.
Subscribe to Anton Petrov.
It must have been bacteria and algae like this that created the atmosphere we have today. There is a 1.5 billion year gap between the Great Oxidation Event and the appearance of the first photo-synthesizing plants.
My comment:
Wow, I had no idea how grateful I should be that I don't live in a regime of mass-independent isotope fractionation!!! I would like to hear something about the dynamics of the system that came out of that event. It seems like some sort of homeostasis was reached.
Subscribe to GEO GIRL.
Comments
Post a Comment