Lindsey Kuper - Interpreters Everywhere!

My comment:

This sounds a bit crazy to me. Why do you want distributed computing to depend on particular endpoints? I don't want my messages to be delivered to some particular machine, I want them to be delivered to me. So why do I have to maintain particular machines to receive messages? And the same goes for companies that are accepting orders from customers etc. etc. It just seems like people are stuck in a rut thinking about programming as something you do to make a machine do some particular thing, but it doesn't have to be like that. [Aha, that's what this bit is about: 45:55.]

Subscribe to ACM SIGPLAN

See also Ian McKellar on Fuchsia.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Steven Johnson - So You Think You Know How to Take Derivatives?

How Could One Unify CMU and MIT

Tensor Fields and Simplicial Complexes