1:04:53 Remark about Girard's idea that cut-elimination in sequent calculus might be provable by a there-and-back-again translation to natural deduction and maybe it is the same sort of thing as normalisation by evaluation. I think lots of things are the same sort of thing but we don't notice because we first see concrete representations in certain contexts that also have a lot of accidental features as a result. This is the whole thing about Aristotelian induction too: the intuition grasps first the generalization and only later recognizes it as the particular that the senses see. What is the Original Generality? Thought itself, I think. See Samaneri Jayasāra - Longchenpa The Enlightened Mind ~ Dzogchen. So if one's ideas are worth anything at all, it is because they can be traced back to actual thought. This is not the case for accidental coincidences.
Some of their lectures are very short. A few weeks ago there was one entitled "Approximation Theory for Distant Bang Calculus" and it was about 30 seconds, ... I guess whatever that abstraction represented it just got immediately η-converted and its significance vanished. Approximation semantics refers to Böhm trees, introduced by Barendregt to model infinite reduction sequences in terms of solvability in call-by-name lambda reduction, i.e. head-normal forms. I thought these turned up in a quite natural way in Girard et al's coherence space semantics for System-T. See Jeremy Gibbons on Total Functional Programming where he seems to ask quite a lot from a type checker and I still can't really see why. Type inference does prove theorems automatically, but you have to prove them in the right order otherwise you're proving things that are accidental, then you will find you also have to prove a great many contingent facts. See Hilbert's Twenty-fourth Problem.
That's eelectricicial engineering! Well, it was the late seventies, ... That's fucking hilarious! But it might still be an interesting approach to natural intelligence. Start with modelling a simpler system like supercritical phase transition in liquids maybe.
That's a clip from a documentary I tried to make once. Here's the next part:
What is it about The System that makes it seems fucking tyrannical? People telling lies? See Laura Pausini's music video she made on her phone: Laura Pausini - Mientes (Camila – 2009). I have tons of footage not on YouTube. I lost more than I uploaded. I really wanted David Lynch to help and I called his office in LA but they said they couldn't help. They didn't say why but maybe it was that David was already housebound because of his emphysema.
Lykki Li did a great music video. Looks like a "Wild at Heart" followup to a Lana Del Rey one:
Listening to Freya Holmér last night I started to get glimmers of an idea I had long ago about how to represent vector spaces in computational processes using this recursive abstract type : abstype 'a point = POINT of {getx : 'a vector, diff : 'a point -> 'a point, move : 'a point -> 'a point, scale : 'a -> 'a point, proj : 'a point -> 'a} with fun new i (op +) (op -) (op * ) dot = let fun self x = POINT {getx = x, move = fn (POINT pr) => (self (x + (#getx pr))), diff = fn (POINT pr) => self (x - (#getx pr)), scale = fn i => (self (x * i)), proj = fn (POINT pr) => ...
I think this is the first time they've actually publicly announced anything about this project. See these posts: Eron Woolf on Why Open Source is Failing Matt Mikhailov and Vincent McKibbon on The Problem with Open Hardware Jason Kridner talking About BeagleBoard.org and Software Development . See these places: https://danielc.dev/rk/ https://github.com/petabyt/rk https://github.com/futo-org/ret See also https://pine64.org/devices/pinebook_pro/ . Subscribe to FUTO . See https://github.com/nir9/low-level-learning-resources/tree/master/setups/debian . Subscribe to Nir Lichtman . If you're looking for a cool init process, try https://ctx.graphics/terminal/ . See Artful Bytes - When to Use a RTOS and How to Create a Successful Open Source Project .
This is happening everywhere, all year around, just because of the nature of actual Human Knowledge. Invited speakers: a bunch of people who all know what they're talking about . On light and the nature of photographic process: Silver halide crystals only go off when exposed to light at certain frequencies, so the crystals have to be embedded in a glycerine matrix with layers of dye to make the film respond to visible light. Subscribe to Smarter Every Day 2 . See Joel Hamkins interviewed on About Logic .
Comments
Post a Comment