David Lynch's Weather Report Project

James Taylor - Handy Man

Here's a BBC Old Grey Whistle Test interview with James Taylor and Carly Simon at their home in Martha's Vineyard in 1977. The interviewer is Bob Harris who had a late-night show on BBC Radio 2 in the nineties (1992 to be precise) and I spent many a long, lonely night listening to Bob play his favourite music.

I have no idea whether this has anything to do with Martha's Vineyard or not, but I listenend to it a lot at the same time I listened to the radio all night. The album was a present to me from Hillary Nicholson, whose father was a member of the faculty at Schumacher College. Brian was a fan of T.S.Eliot and had been a Fellow at Trinity College Cambridge where he studied Quantum Chemistry. He gave some great talks, often combining these two things. There was a beautiful video for this, but apparently YouTube banned it. It's supposedly here: https://vimeo.com/206774450 but I get a NET_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID from here (Costa Rica)

I once sent Hilary a rather long essay I wrote about Lambda Calculus which has the beginnings of the thoughts I later had about Presentation and Representation. I think my daughter Helen might find that essay quite interesting in this context.

Here's a Ted talk by Sally Taylor, the little girl in that interview:

She's really out there! :-) See also Nick Cave & Warren Ellis - White Elephant.

Subscribe to Sally Taylor on YouTube.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

David Turner Obituary by Sarah Nicholas Fri 24 Nov 2023

Live Science - Leonardo da Vinci's Ancestry