John McAfee Dead in Spanish Prison


I would be interested to know whether McAfee ever went to Cochabamba. I thought I saw him there once, around December 2019 I think, but it could have been anyone for all I know.

See my comment:

 @Luis Aldamiz  In 1987 I think, I started a conference on a BBS in the UK called Compulink Information Exchange or CIX. The topic was trojan horse, virus and worm software and I wanted to talk about how this should be dealt with at the system level, before it became an unmanageable problem. One of the participants was a guy called Alan Solomon and he and I had a big row on-line because it was obvious that without system-level support you could not deal with the issue effectively. This was around, or just after the time Windows 2.0 was released, and I had the SDK and I knew that there was nothing there in MS/PC DOS to handle it. Solomon's ID was drsolly and mine was igrant, I think. In theory one ought to be able to look up the dates and what was said. I was working as a PC systems programmer for IBM UK Laboratories at the time. I can assure you that many people had a vested interest in there not being any effective solution so that they could make money from the problem. Check what Dr Solomon's AV company was worth within a decade of that!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

David Hestenes - Tutorial on Geometric Calculus

David Turner Obituary by Sarah Nicholas Fri 24 Nov 2023

Modeling Probability Distributions and Solving Differential Equations