David Lynch's Weather Report


I was thinking about water last night. I remember a chemistry teacher of mine, I think, telling me that water is actually one of the most highly reactive chemical compounds that exists in any significant quantitiy in Nature. Water will react with almost anything else, and dissolve it. She said that very pure water will even react with glass. So a glass bottle with distilled water in it is actually a slightly larger glass bottle with a very dilute (but saturated) solution of glass. I was thinking that maybe that was what caused the patterns on the bottles in this experiment: Atomic Layer Deposition of Copper.

Subscribe to David Lynch Theater.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

David Turner Obituary by Sarah Nicholas Fri 24 Nov 2023

Live Science - Leonardo da Vinci's Ancestry