That Cam Mist Movie


Judith Bailey was the only person on this that I didn't meet at Cambridge. Neil Wiseman was the first person I knew there. My parents took me to Cambridge when I was in the lower sixth form at Ludlow College and I had a very inspiring informal interview with him. It was his bookshelf on which I first saw a copy of Principles Interactive Computer Graphics by Robert Sproull William Newman and/or Fundamentals of interactive computer graphics by James D. Foley and Andries Van Dam. I think I bought that at Heffers at Cambridge the same day, along with Ian O. Angell's A Practical Introduction to Computer Graphics which has a great picture of a Land Rover subtitled "Work Horse of The World" drawn using vector graphics with hidden-line removal on some sort of Tectronics display with probably only a few hundred lines of Fortran 70. The program wasn't presented in the book, just the line drawing, as the work of a student exercise. It was a great book. That's where I learned how to multiply-out matrices by hand, symbolically I think. Ask Ursula Augsdörfer what I mean by that, ... 

There were several other people at Cambridge who I met who died. The first was Neil Wiseman, but then Ron Snaith died shortly after he interviewed me when I applied to St John's College to study Neuroscience in 1991, and David Crighton, who died around the same time as Ron Snaith and Neil Wiseman. Robert MacKay also died suddenly, and he worked on Artificial Intelligence, but in the Physics Department.

See my comment on Linda's community post: Linda Faludi Signing Off and also listen to The Gamekeeper at Home; The Amateur Poacher By Richard Jefferies. What is all this about? Larkin Poe Gone Fishin' - Isaac Asimov Interviewed by David Letterman.

Great place, Cambridge. Fun people!

Subscribe to Lana Del Rey.

Message for Elizabeth Woolridge Grant and Ursula Augsdörfer:

I was bollock-naked when I made that, so don't tell Susan! 😂❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

David Turner Obituary by Sarah Nicholas Fri 24 Nov 2023

Live Science - Leonardo da Vinci's Ancestry