Fran Blanche - Comix! And Film

 


The Francast. She's talking about growing up with film. I grew up with film too, but we didn't have a projector of our own. My mother used to come and get me out of school at lunchtime to watch things like Jacob Bronowski's The Ascent of Man at a film club in Port Elizabeth. In contrast I made my daughter watch anime in Japanese and other things like Kill Bill. That's progress for you!


Subscribe to Fran Blanche.

The Ascent of Man Volume 1: Lower Than The Angels (1973)


Subscribe to Kimdino1.

Hearing Fran describing the film made me want to see it. This is the first clip I ran into. I don't know whether this the film she refers to, but I thought the commentary interesting, to say the least! Is this what Kennedy meant when he said "... and do the other thing"?

Apollo 11 - PBS Chasing The Moon (1969)


Subscribe to Flowrave.

This clearly is what she's talking about:


Now compared that tracked vehicle with the state of the art in 1940's:



The Ascent of Man Volume 3 - The Grain in The Stone


Subscribe to Kimdino1.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

David Turner Obituary by Sarah Nicholas Fri 24 Nov 2023

Live Science - Leonardo da Vinci's Ancestry