Lissie - Just Because I Can

This was the first song of Lissie's that I heard. Lana Del Rey posted this picture of her without any explanation. She released this on June 21, 2020 which is Lana's birthday.

From the video description:

Buy/stream "Just Because I Can" here: https://orcd.co/just_because_i_can

June 21st, 2020 marked the 10 year anniversary of my debut album "Catching a Tiger", and to celebrate this special album that gave me a career, I will be releasing songs recorded for "Catching A Tiger" that didn't end up on the album, the first being "Just Because I Can". It will be followed by more songs, content and an eventual re-issue! It's been amazing and so much fun to look through my journals, songwriting books and pictures from that time as well.

"Just Because I Can” was written while I was in the same headspace as “Everywhere I Go” and “Look Away”. Feeling introspective, searching, striving for my purpose, place, peace and identity. There’s an element of spirituality as well, looking to a source higher than myself to carry on and have faith in the unfolding. The song also reflected the hugeness of my emotions & the fear that I had of my own potential, that to this day, I still grapple with. Additionally, I think that this song feels very topical for this moment in history as we are called to not only do what we can with our present circumstances but also choose to speak up and out for what we deem to be right! At its inception as well as present day, there’s a sense of longing for change, personal & collective growth. I hope that you enjoy & take this music to heart!

Change (Lana del Rey cover)

Subscribe to Lissie.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

David Turner Obituary by Sarah Nicholas Fri 24 Nov 2023

Live Science - Leonardo da Vinci's Ancestry