Terence McKenna on Who Runs the World

Subscribe to We Plants Are Happy Plants.

This made me think of the time, around March 1991, when Teddy Goldsmith overheard me talking to Natasha about there not being evil in this world. I thought it was just stupidity. Then in 2011 I started reading Aristotle and when I read about the good of error being shame, I redefined evil as that peculiar kind of stupidity in which people act shamefully, knowing consciously that what they are doing is wrong. So on that count there is evil in this world, deliberately polluting the rivers and destroying the land. It's still stupidity, but it's stupidity elevated to the level of conscious intentional action.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

David Turner Obituary by Sarah Nicholas Fri 24 Nov 2023

Live Science - Leonardo da Vinci's Ancestry