Chrissie Mayr's SimpCast 22 - Simp Hop Anonymous

I just had a very frustrating dialogue with a guy calling himself William Washington. I said it's not the word nigger that is in itself offensive, it is the way the word is used that is offensive. He didn't get it. I explained that if the word was in itself offensive then black people wouldn't use it to refer to themselves. He still didn't get it. He said that to black people, hearing the word is like being punched in the face. I said if that was so then black people would hate to hear the music I listen to day after day because it would be like being punched in the face twenty times in an hour. He still didn't get it. I asked him if he had ever been punched in the face. He said that if I want to know what he means then I should use that word in a crowd of black people. He still doesn't understand, ... Or he is just trying to tell me that all black people are racist and would beat the crap out of any white person who used the word nigger, no matter the context. So please, someone, publish this in LA and tell everyone where I live. I'm less than a hundred miles away.

Subscribe to Chrissie Mayr.

Subscribe to Daisy Cousens.

That triggered a phonetic memory of the street in Cochabamba six years ago and a morgue that I used to sleep outside. I can even smell the decomposing dead bodies, ...

Subscribe to Tina Cousins.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

David Turner Obituary by Sarah Nicholas Fri 24 Nov 2023

Live Science - Leonardo da Vinci's Ancestry