Eugenia Cheng on Monads, Monoids, Algebraic Theories and Models

I am just trying to get an idea of what she says in the first thirty-five seconds or so of this talk, ...

See Algebraic Theory: "Informally in mathematical logic, an algebraic theory is a theory that uses axioms stated entirely in terms of equations between terms with free variables" "Monads are like algebraic theories and an algebra for a monad is a model for that theory." This is the sort of thing I feel I could understand if I only I could represent all this as some sort of framework computer program, ...

Here's the full playlist
 

Here's an earlier post of mine about this:  Eugenia Cheng on Monads And Category Theory.

Subscribe to The Catsters

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

David Turner Obituary by Sarah Nicholas Fri 24 Nov 2023

Live Science - Leonardo da Vinci's Ancestry