René Rebe on The xz sshd Backdoor

I caught the end of this YouTube livestream, but when I went to Twitch the livestream continuation there wasn't shown, but it was scheduled for 7 PM. It's now 7:45 PM and Twitch is showing that the stream there finished four hours ago. Maybe I got some timezone confused, but AFIK we're both in the same time zone, ... I imagine Twitch would show my local time, ... Anyway, see Low Level Learning - Backdoor In Open Source by Subverting The Build Tools.  According to Soléne, OpenSUSE MicroOS is one of the vulnerable distributions. One of the things that is freaking people out a bit is that nobody can be quite sure which executables the library targets. It's used by a lot of programs.

Subscribe to René Rebe.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

David Hestenes - Tutorial on Geometric Calculus

David Turner Obituary by Sarah Nicholas Fri 24 Nov 2023

Modeling Probability Distributions and Solving Differential Equations