Mossy Earth - Strangler Figs

I think that's what it's about, but I haven't watched it yet. I have a theory that these trees are the reason that so many palms in the Amazon have such amazingly long, poisonous spines. To discourage fig-eating birds from sewing the strangler figs seed in their crowns. I'm just guessing though. Not about the toxicity and sharpness of the spines though, that is from personal experience. [I didn't know about their asynchronous fruiting and dependence on the difference species of wasps for pollination. That's a complicated control system.] See also Mossy Earth Project in Ecuador.

You can become a member and get all the news and support them financially: https://mossy.earth.

Subscribe to Mossy Earth.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

David Turner Obituary by Sarah Nicholas Fri 24 Nov 2023

Live Science - Leonardo da Vinci's Ancestry