Terence Tao on Mathematics and Artificial Intelligence

This is a talk he gave at the International Math Olympiad and it's really, really interesting. He talks about The Liquid Tensor Experiment and the results: Completion of The Liquid Tensor Experiment. It was formally verified and resulted a great expansion of the Lean Mathematics Library of theorems. So it seems that my idea in this post wasn't too wild, and it gives a great example of how a few good pedagogical systems would result in better research. See The Math Sorceror on Topology by Munkres. There's a lot more besides this in the talk though, so I really encourage anyone interested in mathematics to listen to it.


 Subscribe to AIMO Prize.

I started listening to it late last night and didn't finish because I thought it was going to keep me up all night. I had spent the whole day watching Nathan's videos about his PhD research. But I woke up at 2:30 AM and couldn't get back to sleep, so I read some more of Jeremy Gray's Henri Poincaré: A Scientific Biography, and I got a message from my PhD supervisor about how to write an introduction for my dissertation, written during the first few days after my daughter's birthday. Hint: you only have to read the first and last pages.








 See also Psychophysics and Julie Nolke on The Terrible State of Hollywood.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

David Turner Obituary by Sarah Nicholas Fri 24 Nov 2023

Live Science - Leonardo da Vinci's Ancestry