Sixteenth RacketCon in Oakland, CA
See https://con.racket-lang.org/.
Subscribe to Racket.
It's fun. They have a corresponding amount (16 years or so) of cruft they need to deal with though:
See Matthew Flatt's Sunday morning talk A New Foreign-Function Interface: ffi2.
Subscribe to The Functional Cruft of Programming. I mean craft!
I am interested in the general problem, of how you build runtime systems and interfaces to existing code. I thought of using Standard ML modules to specify the interfaces in terms of something like GNU lightning, and then meta-programming the runtimes in the high-level language. I guess I could do this by writing a Standard ML #lang for racket, ... The GNU people weren't interested (see Graham Hutton, Zac Garby and Patrick Bahr - Calculating (Correct) Compilers (Effectively) and Matthew Flatt on Rhombus and Syntax Transformers). See also Matthias Felleisen's 2019 talk on Racket where he talks about throwing away code.
Subscribe to Lambda World.
Then see Brian Kernighan on How To Succeed in Language Design Without Really Trying and The Story of Unix - Chapter Ω: The Captains All Jumped Ship.
Comments
Post a Comment