Chiara Christian And Human Design

Just had a chat with Livier and she told me about Human Design:

The founder, Richard Beaumont, was editor-in-chief of Kindred Spirit for 24 years. I think they were based in Totnes, Devon. I can't contact them because my Russian e-mail account is blocked to their subscription service, I guess. See https://kindredspirit.co.uk/?s=Contact Anyway, I told Livier about my year at Schumacher College nearby:

See this list of higher education videos which includes an interesting lecture on A.N. Whitehead's philosophy of organism.

Subscribe to Dartington Trust.

Livier also told me about Chiara, who has a YouTube channel and a web site, https://www.chiarachristian.com/ where she wrote:

We are entering into an age where we will be forced to reclaim our own authority. 

When the institutional structures break down, when the bargains we’ve relied on are no longer there, will you be able to stand on your own two feet as yourself? Will you be able to make decisions which align you correctly to who you are? 

This is the rise of the Individual. This is the emergence of Enlightened Selfishness. There will be no gurus, no teachers, no philosophy or belief system that will save you. 

She explains more in this video: global cycles, cross of planning and 2027:

Her Human Design chart looks like this:

This is where she is at right now:

This is where I'm at:

Is this astrologically programmed Human Design common timeline a good idea? I mean, there so many people who don't even know their approximate year of birth, ... Never mind the exact time or place, ... Does it even matter? Isn't that a rather naïve view of time? See Sci-Fi Short - Traveler.

This is where Schumacher College's MsC in Holistic Science is at:

Can't we connect Schumacher College's approach to Holistic Science with the sort of science education you get from, say, MIT? See MIT Project MAC and Structure and Interpretation of Classical Mechanics.

It's not a multiverse, folks! See the explanation from 7:00 (which is 420 seconds, Elon Musk)

Stuart Kauffman on different sorts of phase spaces in physics and on the other hand, in biology and economics. See Gigi Young Mars Q&A mayo 26, 2022 and Stuart Kauffman on Irreducible Systems.

Here's an email I sent to Markus Kuhn at Cambridge yesterday:

Thank you very much Markus! I got those two files about Bolivia. I don't have much space on my phone and don't want to start buying SD cards again, so that's all for now.

I still want to get to the bottom of why Ex. 1.13 of Structure and Interpretation of Classical Mechanics is so hard! I asked Gerald Sussman once, by e-mail after seeing him at the Lab once, and he didn't reply. That exercise is absolutely crucial to the whole principle of variational mechanics, so I didn't see any point going further until I'd understood it.

I had a look at the list of files in my home directory. I am kind of shocked to see so much stuff. I guess I used to do builds in my home directory? My policy was to leave things world readable unless they needed to be obviously otherwise. In other words, I wanted a positive reason why everyone should not be able to see it before hiding anything. Maybe that's naive, but I am naive as hell, according to my mother at any rate.

I got a bit stressed this afternoon when my YouTube uploads got throttled and I got an idea that maybe you were telling me something by sending that list of files. Maybe that students at the lab had been looking at my active directory LDAP implementation and had found one or more holes, and maybe they'd got access to Windows source code or something, and since at least one of them, Mike Gordon's student Alexei, was Ukrainian, ... Well, what do you want me to do? Diagnose the vulnerability that I myself am responsible for? With just a phone, sitting in a café in Mexico? I can't. But if you know anyone in San Diego who can ring me laptop I'll do it!

The most plausible hack on the lab would be through a system initialization trap-door as described by Karger & Schell in 1974 in this https://archive.org/details/MulticsSecurityEvaluationVulnerabilityAnalysis which is where Ken Thomson got the idea of that object code trapdoor he describes in his 1984 Turing Award speech. The best way to do that I know of would be by modifying the kernel image as GRUB loads it. Gordon Matzigkeit who worked a lot on grub, and wrote some pretty strange stuff about it, worked on GNU Guile and I interacted a few times with him. This was in the 90s when I was at DAMTP. He once made Jim Blandy very angry but using a tar file to write files outside the directory tree it was ostensively untarring the files into. What I am saying is that he was conscious of how to subvert developer's systems. I used to be the maintainer of GNU dld which was GNUs dynamic runtime linker from the days when not all Unixes had dynamic libraries. I was interested in that because when I worked at IBM in the late eighties I had written most of a dynamic loader for Intel COFF files. I was trying to find a way to get MS-DOS to load a command.com she'll under a pre-emptive multi-tasking kernel I'd hacked up in a few days. The kernel worked OK, but the problem was it need to intercept BIOS and BDOS (Int21h) calls. This was easy if you had access to the C runtime code, because you could return control to the kernel from the stdio at the libc level. The problem was we did not have source to the initial command.com executable, so I didn't do it. But if I could have, then it would have created a sort of kernel virtual machine.

On any Unix kernel with a /lib/ld.so symlink to a dynamic loader you can create these virtual machines easily because you can intercept any system calls. So in short, GRUB could modify the kernel image to load a different target from the /lib/ld.so executable and then all the libraries are interceptible and it becomes very easy to hide regions of memory and even whole filesystems etc.

Anyway, I thought that might make a good story about the trouble the CIA got into in Kiev in 2014.

I'm just doing what psychoanalysts call "my shadow work". See https://youtu.be/hzmxFKJX-_I if the f'ing thing uploads before this café closes in 40 minutes, ...

Best wishes, and thanks again for the help.

Ian

You don't have shadows without light. Ask Jan Smuts if you don't believe me. See Wolf Alice - Making Blue Lullaby (Episode 4) and Portishead - We Carry On (2008).

See Don Cupitt on Wittgenstein's Mystic Concept of Religion.

I think it might be interesting to look at some of the Russian research. In particular that of Lev Pontryagin (see this strange text I wrote in 2014 called Measuring Ignorance) and Alexander Luria, in particular Luria's book The Nature of Human Conflicts - or Emotion, Conflict, and Will: An Objective Study of Disorganisation and Control of Human Behaviour. New York: Liveright Publishers, 1932. The idea I have is terribly vague, but it involves variational mechanics on non-linear systems and quantum chaos: see Sabine Hossenfelder on Quantum Chaos.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

David Turner Obituary by Sarah Nicholas Fri 24 Nov 2023

Live Science - Leonardo da Vinci's Ancestry