Ian Grant's Weather Report

Today I met two Russian guys in my beautiful laundrette. Sasha and Danil. We talked a bit about programming computers, type inference, Standard ML, Red October (on GitHub and the movie The Hunt for Red October) etc. They had started their laundry cycle without soap and so I had to help explain in Spanish, to the lady who runs the laundrette, that they wanted to interrupt the cycle to add soap. I also explained the rather queer exchange rate which operates there: the dryers take quarters, but you are not allowed to use your own quarters for drying, because a 15 minute (quarter hour) use of the dryer costs 40 pesos Méxicanos, as does the half-hour (30 minute) rental of the washing machine. Soap costs an extra ten pesos. They ( Sasha and Daniel) very kindly gave me 100 pesos, which is about US$5 at the current exchange rate.

As Tacos Various "Aurora" (which the girls in D'Volada call Tacos Various "Los Amigos") was closed, I had to decide where else to have lunch. Next door there is a place called "Philly Subs" where I spent the 100 pesos S&D had given me, plus 20 pesos of my own, begged yesterday evening. So I had lunch for an effective price of 2/3 of what I usually spend on a taco at Tacos Various "Aurora", but when I got back to the Hotel Tecate they gave me fifty pesos! So the net result is that I actually got paid 30 pesos to eat lunch today. I could end up getting fat, at this rate, if I need to eat to get money! So I also learned that Superbowl LVI starts on St. Valentine's day, or sometime around then. (See the Valentinian Tale of Sophia on Todd Grande on Teal Swan.) On the TV in Philly Subs I saw bit of a football game in LA, live, via an Izzi fiber internet stream. It was every bit as good as a satellite connection.

I have Danil's phone number, but it starts +7 so I can't dial that from here, and he can't reach my +52 Telcel number here either. So even though we are in the same town our phones can't reach one other. 

When I got back to the hotel Stella had cleaned my room for me and now I am just chilling out, having done my laundry and having learned some good stuff about Russian politics and why Russian hackers are so smart. It's because they can't afford new computers, so they have to write efficient code and so using MLton to compile Standard ML programs in 2009 and needing 2GB of RAM to compile the Hello, world program would have been out of the question for them. I told Danil that that the Red October version of Moscow ML could allow you to write programs which write and compile assembler code.

Somewhere during this complicated exchange a bird crapped green on Danil's shoulder. I told him it was good luck. So now I think Sasha & Danil know about Natasha's Yeah Russia and also about Bald And Bankrupt. See Natasha in Vladivostok for Rusian Navy DayBald And bankrupt - On The Trans-Siberian Railway and Ed Ventures Fishing For Subscribers.

So could we start a Soviet American Navy Postgraduate School of Telecommunications Security here in Tecate maybe? See This Campaign is On The Road and Beria Meets Joseph on The Road To Damascus. I can't run it, I'm just a space cadet:

Subscribe to Bald And Bankrupt.

Here are some photos:





See Todd Grande on Teal Swan.

Subscribe to Pink Floyd.

The only one hing was that my philly sub was a bit salty, ... See Lana Del Rey and US Customs And Border Facing A Wave of Illegal Russian Migrants and recall that in the original script of Salt, the character was called Edwin Salt. See Edwin T. Jaynes - Where Do We Stand on Maximum Entropy written in 1978. This was the first love letter I sent to Rachel McCarthy. See Ernố Rubik and Evening Photos.

So Lana Del Rey, are you really a Russian spy? Or are you an American emigre? See US Customs And Border Facing A Wave of Illegal Russian Migrants. Is this Day X or is it just Day I (See Genesis)? Or could we just call it Day XI? See Ian Grant's Weather Report enero 21, 2022. See Proofs And Representations).

See Message For Donald Trump and Graham Elwood - Panquake Developer Killed In A Hit-And-Run in CA. For more on creating representations of status declaration functions, see Live Science - Leonardo da Vinci's Ancestry

I finally plucked up enough courage to watch this through, and I didn't get the tiniest bit jealous. I loved it! 💕

Lana Del Rey - Heart Shaped Box (Nirvana)

Subscribe to Kyle Woolridge Grant.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

David Turner Obituary by Sarah Nicholas Fri 24 Nov 2023

Live Science - Leonardo da Vinci's Ancestry