How To Thrive in The Battle of Life

 ... and a bunch of other useful tips, I daresay, which I will wish someone had told me before now, ...


Subscribe to Academy of Ideas on YouTube.

Actually, I disagree with most of what is said in the first one and a half minutes. Especially in the first thirty seconds. You only need to think about how life was as a child to see that these inevitable features of life which make it seem like a battle are are not problems that children have: they are a result, therefore, of children's education, at home and in the world, as much as in the classroom. It is the failure of battle-stupified adults to realise that this is solely the consequence of their not having taken the trouble to make a social world in which the conditions which produce this battlefield do not pertain.

The bit at 4:35 is interesting. I was thinking yesterday that one way to look at PTSD might be as the result of a kind of extreme individuation the person undergoes in suffering their trauma. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Could One Unify CMU and MIT

Tensor Fields and Simplicial Complexes

HTML in Blog Posts