Hacking Linux in the Federal Republic of Germany? Mein Gott!

I just heard from Peter Kelway who is being harassed by/via the Police and doesn't have time to help me look for my Regular Expression library code. See Jane Street Capital.

This is what he does all day, and it really pisses some people off, including me!!!


See Hélène Vogelsinger - Forgotten Futures /// ( 1 / 7 ) /// Forget Your Past and download her album from Bandcamp, it's also epic!

Subscribe to Code Therapy with Rene Rebe.

Angela Collier on the AI First people, ...

Well, if it means I don't have to attend zoom meetings then I'm in favour of it!


 
See What is a user interface supposed to do? then What's an operating-system for? and finally What is wrong with Unix? now look at what the KDE connect people are doing ten years later: https://phabricator.kde.org/project/profile/159/ That is not what I meant! You should be able to control your desktop with your phone and phone from your desktop using any damned phone in the world and it should just work. Why would that be a problem? Something to do with k-workhours and k-openinghours? I tried looking up those programs and got nowhere.






See https://www.middlemarch.eco/ and Immich and find out about the funding model at Some Approaches to Funding Open Source Software Development. Here's a recipe for a Raspberry Pi NAS from Jeff Geerling.

Toby has a good book for would-be quants (see Jane Street Capital): She calculates the geometric mean I mentioned above with Algebra! And she gets a fundamental theorem: flower times (flower minus one) is one. Now if you're a madman in the rainforest in Bolivia it's easy to see that you can dualise that to be infinity, which is when flower divided by (flower plus one) is one, because when your flower is infinite then flower plus one is flower. And if you have a little laptop to play with and it has a Standard ML interpreter then you can program these constructions if you happen to have a normal order lambda reduction program that is half-usable, ... See Norman Wildberger on the Fundamental Theorem of Algebra in The Math Sorceror on Topology by Munkres and Daniel Tubbenhauer Doing Inscrutable Things With Analytic Number Theory ... and read about the well-known Grothendieck Construction in Jane Street Capital.


See  Toby Reads A Mathematician's Lament and the book Measurement, by Paul Lockhart.

Subscribe to Tibees.

Sabine Hossenfelder on b@stards who steal people's ideas and use them to make a profit telling them to other people:


But this is not getting me any closer to writing up my dissertation: Terence Tao on Mathematics and AI. I have at least got to the point where I can LaTeX a document with URW Math Design and DejaVu Sans listing, but I stalled thinking about how to retrieve my github private key, ... I'm sure I had it somewhere, ...

Subscribe to Sabine Hossenfelder.

I Think I turned out OK, given the stuff I was brought up on/programmed with:


Sorry, my Dad sold his shotgun way back when they changed the gun licence regulations here, ... I did think of buying a bow and some arrows though, ...

Subscribe to Chusvs45Turismo.

Silicon Dojo. That sounded like a good idea, ... A tree, for comfort.

If you want to try your hand at writing an entire forest covering the surface of the earth, then maybe think about hiding everything behind a port-knocking firewall with forward key-exchange and if that sounds interesting then you might want to look at this: Shadow TCP Stacks in OpenBSD. I only spent a few days writing that, and I never actually got as far as developing the actual code: all I did was the design, so it will take quite a lot of work to implement and I don't know how much the OpenBSD TCP/IP stack has changed since then. The reason for publishing it as a design document in English was to get around any possibility of a would-be attacker analyzing the code and to encourage people to do their own thing, without having to publicize what that particular thing was.

Subscribe to Eli The Computer Guy.

And where does she get that data for "romance"? And how much maths does it really take to analyze it? For f*ck's sake woman!

Subscribe to SAS Software, Nederland before she analyzes you to death.

It sounds like the Police in Switzerland are/were/might have been beating up people in Neuchatel on the afternoon of Saturday 14th. When I was there talking about Mandatories and the conference in Lausanne I got the feeling that people there were expecting there to be some kind of key exchange protocol going on, but if there was then I had no idea what it was. I thought the governments were going to start cooperating, but it seems they can't, for reasons I don't know. So sorry folks, I can't help.

Maybe Hannah Fry created a new, totally unregulated global currency. In which case I can be forgiven for deregulating telecommunications, can't I? I mean, everyone has infinite wealth and infinite economic power now. So what's the problem? Why doesn't my daughter have time to talk to me?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

David Turner Obituary by Sarah Nicholas Fri 24 Nov 2023

Live Science - Leonardo da Vinci's Ancestry