Norman Wildberger and Daniel Tubbenhauer on Formal and Structural Coincidents



See  V.I. Arnold on Teaching Mathematics and Dynamics on Graphs 24 | The remarkable ADE Ideal Ladder. For more on strange finite objects, see Andrej Bauer's "Five Stages of Accepting Constructive Mathematics".


An Ideal is a special subset of a partially ordered set (poset). Although this term historically was derived from the notion of a ring ideal of abstract algebra, it has subsequently been generalized to a different notion. See An Ideal Model for Recursive Polymorphic Types by MacQueen, Plotkin and Sethi for more on ideals.

See also  Leo Dorst and Daniel Fontijne - An Algebraic Foundation for Object-Oriented Euclidean Geometry.

Subscribe to Norman Wildberger.



See Jones Polynomial.

Subscribe to Visual Math.

Me talking crap:



See  Daniel Tubbenhauer on Algebraic Geometry and Edward Frenkel on The Langlands Program ... and Andrej Bauer's "Five Stages of Accepting Constructive Mathematics".

Andrej Bauer - A Proof Assistant Prototype Based on Algebraic Effects and Handlers (March 2013)

 
 
 
He gave that talk while I was working on this:



Subscribe to IAS.
 
And Thomas Forster just sent me this gnomic utterance from Martin Hyland who I have just discovered is a Fellow of King's College, Cambridge. See Question About the Alan Turing Archives at King's College. Maybe he can help? Or he's too busy cooking up fixpoints:

The I went and saw some seagulls!


 
 
 
And when I got home, I found this reply from the Archivist at Kings':
 
Dear Ian,
 
Thanks for your email. We sadly don’t hold a lot of further information about the letters in this file. The pencilled annotations were certainly done by Gandy, but I couldn’t say with any certainly whether that extents to the page numbering too – I suspect not, and that this was done by the archivist who received these.

I don’t believe there is any missing pages – instead it appears that the letters have been misnumbered. Page “4” should in fact be followed by “6” which is in turn followed by “5”then “7” 

Let me know if there is anything else I can help with!

 
And he's right. The hoped-for detailed and illuminating discussion of the way Church defined the induction principle in the predecessor function never existed. Or Henri Poincaré snuck in late one night and stole it, ... See Terence Tao on Mathematics and Artificial Intelligence.

And Victoria uploaded this video:

What she's saying is that I got my dream car and my dream house! Looooong ago! This is the third sixteen-minute talk she's done in the last week or so: Here's the first: How to call back your energy and never be anyone's prisoner and here's the second: People know your worth, they just hope you don't.

Subscribe to Zero Podcasts.

I wasn't going to upload this, but after hearing her talk about PTSD, it seems relevant. I made it a few minutes after I made the Cochabamba Lilies video above, on my way home. See  Cochabamba 2018 Demonstrations in La Paz, 2022 vs. Demonstrations in Cochabamba in 2019Cholita Isabel in Cochabamba and Cochabamba where there is a photo of the lilies. Then in Mexico I wrote this for David Lynch: David Lynch's Weather Report July 03, 2022. In fact, searching my blog for "Cochabamba" gives a pretty interesting collection of posts!


Laura Pausini - El Lado Derecho del Corazón observando gaviotas:
 

Subscribe to Laura Pausini TV.

Sabine Hossenfelder: I'm a little funny:

 Sabine Hossenfelder: I'm antimatter! 


I tried looking up that Volume 33 (1898) Some journal/society and accidentally came across this article in Geschichte und Gesellschaft (whose Volume 33 was published in 2007, but Google found it for me!): US-amerikanische »Scientific Philanthropy« in Frankreich, Deutschland und Großbritannien zwischen den Weltkriegen. It's all about the Rockefeller Foundation funding science in France, Germany, Britain and the US after World War II. See Sabine Hossenfelder on Physics Funding in Academia. Maybe the Rockefeller Foundation can help fund some decent physics research again? Or do we have to wait for World War II to finish first? See PhD War Stories Time.

Subscribe to Sabine Hossenfelder.

Lana Del Rey - The Next Best American Record

Subscribe to Lana Del Rey.

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - O Wow O Wow (How Wonderful She Is)

Subscribe to Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds.

So Sabine, we're caught up in the Mafia Pausini!


It's all about Lillies:


 Wow, she can really belt it out when she wants to!

Subscribe to Laura Pausini TV.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Live Science - Leonardo da Vinci's Ancestry

David Turner Obituary by Sarah Nicholas Fri 24 Nov 2023