Amr Sabry - What is "Quantum" about Quantum Computing?

This is one of the first times I've heard a talk about this that actually seems to make some sense! Starts around 20:00.

42:54 See Baker's paper NREVERSAL of Fortune - The Thermodynamics of Garbage Collection. Also Theseus : A High Level Language for Reversible Computing by Roshan P. James.

See Free Quantum Computing by Jacques Carette, Chris Heunen, Robin Kaarsgaard, Neil J. Ross and Amr Sabry, A computational interpretation of compact closed categories: reversible programming with negative and fractional types by Chao-Hong Chen and Amr Sabry and Compositional Reversible Computation by Jacques Carette, Chris Heunen, Robin Kaarsgaard and Amr Sabry.

1:08:00 On the reversibility thing, it's weird, isn't it? See the bit starting at at page 18 of EWD12345. Nobody ever said anything to me about that. I guess it's a bit weird, but I don't care. I really enjoyed writing it, even though I was quite literally starving at the time.

1:16:42 On measurement in reversible quantum computation systems see Quantum information effects by Chris Heunen and Robin Kaarsgaard.

Subscribe to ACM SIGPLAN.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Could One Unify CMU and MIT

Tensor Fields and Simplicial Complexes

HTML in Blog Posts