David Lynch's Weather Report

Subscribe to David Lynch Theater.

Chris Isaak - Wicked Game (1989)

See the video description:

... Chris Isaak : "This one I wrote really late at night and it was written in a short time, because I remember that a girl had called me and said, 'I want to come over and talk to you,' and 'talk' was a euphemism. And she said, 'I want to come over and talk to you until you're no longer able to stand up.' And I said, 'Okay, you're coming over.' And as soon as I hung up I thought, 'Oh, my God. I know she's gonna be trouble. She's always been trouble. She's a wildcat. And here I am, I'm going to get killed, but I'm doing this.' And I wrote 'Wicked Game': 'world's on fire and no one can save me but you.' It's like you start thinking about it, and by the time she came over to the house, I had the song written. And I think she was probably upset because I was more excited by the song. (Laughing) I was like, 'Yes, you're gorgeous, baby. But listen to this song!'"

Subscribe to Disco Bar 80.

Chris Isaak on Wicked Game, the video and Helena Christiansen.

He doesn't talk about the match, ... Or maybe he does?

Subscribe to Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.

See How David Lynch movie 'Wild at Heart' handed Chris Isaak a hit single by Mick McStarkey Tuesday 14th Dec 2021:

Interestingly though, it wasn’t an instant hit for Isaak. ‘Wicked Game’ was a slow burner and didn’t become a success until the latter half of 1990. Given that Isaak’s song is almost a surreal, quaalude fuelled take on rockabilly, auteur David Lynch included the song as a part of his Southern Gothic masterpiece, 1990’s Wild at Heart.

Starring Nicholas Cage and Laura Dern as two lovers on the run from a hitman, as well as other icons such as Isabella Rosselini and Harry Dean Stanton, Wild at Heart is one of the finest road movies ever made. A polarizing film due to its slightly uneven plot, the inclusion of Chris Isaak’s discussion of unhealthy romance was perfect. 

See David Lynch's Weather Report Project Report Project Julio 12, 2021 and Farout Magazine on Chris Isaak's Song "Wicked Game".

See also David Lynch's Weather Report enero 07, 2022.

Wild at Heart (1990)

Subscribe to Shout! Factory.

Now see Ian Grant's Weather Report julio 10, 2022 and Earth Resurrection. I actually think Joseph could be a great actor. Especially playing the part of a liar. He totally convinced me!

Yoko Ono - One (1966)

Subscribe to Benjamin Altermatt.

See Yoko on The Shooting of Shinzo Abe.

See Ian Grant's Weather Report today and Yoko Ono - Eye Blink (1966).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

David Turner Obituary by Sarah Nicholas Fri 24 Nov 2023

Live Science - Leonardo da Vinci's Ancestry